Out of the top 26 states with the lowest unemployment rates, 21 are led by Republican governors
Today, Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel released the following statement on the May state jobs numbers:
“The numbers don’t lie and the contrast in leadership is stark – while Joe Biden and Democrat policies leave families behind, Republican governors are creating jobs and economic opportunity. Americans trust Republican leadership to unleash prosperity and know Democrats are to blame for rising prices and the pain at the gas pump. The choice couldn’t be more clear this November.”
- Through May, nine of the top 10 states for jobs recovered since the coronavirus pandemic began are led by Republican governors, and all 10 states have Republican-controlled legislatures.
- Out of the top 26 states with the lowest unemployment rates, 21 are led by Republican governors and 21 have Republican-controlled legislatures.
- May’s Consumer Price Index surged by 8.6 percent compared to last year – a new 40-year high – while real average hourly wages fell 3 percent due to inflation.
- 75 percent of Americans blame Biden for inflation, saying he bears “a lot” or “some” responsibility for higher prices.
- Americans know that record gas prices are Biden’s fault as 65 percent of Americans believe Biden could do more to lower gas prices.
- Under Biden, all states have hit new record high gas prices, and in 19 states Americans are paying average prices above $5 per gallon.
- Click here to read more from RNC Research.