By Tim Hannigan
The future of Fairfax County rests on the outcome of Tuesday’s local elections.
Republicans must win and return the county government and school system to policies and practices that benefit hard-working, law abiding county residents.
The Democrat alternative will continue Fairfax County down the road of socialist big government that is the product of one-party rule in the county for the past 20 years.
The stakes are high! Tuesday’s election results will decide whether the county:
- Continues with its nationally instigated and funded “One Fairfax” lens that requires all policies adhere to an undefined “equity” that is, in fact, a license for unconstrained social engineering.
- Uses the equity lens of socioeconomic and racial criteria to realign school boundaries in ways that lengthen bus rides, disrupt neighborhood schools, and adversely affect property values.
- Continues to divert school attention away from student achievement and toward even more radical sex education, gender ideology, and school name changes.
- Continues with sanctuary policies that release illegal aliens from detention to prey upon legal immigrant communities; punish law enforcement officers who inquire about the immigration status of law violators; and fund the legal defense funds of illegal aliens.
- Reforms its out-of-step, unsustainable pension system before pension payments reach crisis levels.
- Works with the state government to design solutions to the ever-worsening traffic congestion that dominates the lives of Fairfax County commuters every work day.
And, of course, election results in Fairfax County will go a long way to determining the political make-up of the General Assembly that could or could not check the extreme tax, spending, gun control, and social policies of our disgraced and demonstrably unhinged state governor.
Voters have a real choice this year: continue with the Democrats’ lunge to the left at the state and county levels or vote for the rational, realistic, and common sense policies advanced by this year’s talented Republican candidates.
All Republicans and level-headed residents must get out and vote this Tuesday for a future of opportunity and prosperity in Fairfax County.
PREVENT CITIZEN’S REMORSE ON WEDNESDAY: VOTE REPUBLICAN ON TUESDAY!!!
Tim Hannigan is chairman of the Fairfax County Republican Committee.