J. Christian Adams, president and general counsel of the Public Interest Legal Foundation, a law firm devoted to election integrity, will discuss the proposed federal takeover of election administration from the states at the March meeting of the Fairfax County Republican Committee.
- When: Tuesday, March 19 at 7:30 PM (check-in starts at 6:45 PM)
- Where: Luther Jackson Middle School Auditorium, 3020 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA 22042
Come out and hear Mr. Adams discuss the following relevant and controversial topics:
- Democrats in Congress want a federal takeover of state authority to run their own elections, including new provisions for voter ID, federal approval of state election changes, mandated same-day registration, mandatory voter registration, pre-registering children to vote, and much, much more. This long-term plan will fundamentally transform our elections. Called H.R. 1, it has already passed the House.
- There are vulnerabilities in our elections that H.R. 1 would make even worse. But why does the Virginia governor keep vetoing ways to protect the integrity of our elections?
- The real reason Democrats oppose voter ID — and it’s not because they really think it is hard to get.
Mr. Adams served from 2005 to 2010 in the Voting Section at the United States Department of Justice. He is the author of the New York Times bestseller Injustice. He was appointed by President Trump to be a member of the President’s advisory commission on election integrity established in 2017. Mr. Adams has represented multiple presidential campaigns in election litigation.
He additionally serves as legal editor at PJ Media and appears frequently on Fox News. Mr. Adams’ written commentaries have appeared in the Wall Street Journal, National Review, Washington Examiner, American Spectator, and Washington Times. In addition, he is a regular contributor for The Hill.